It has been brought to the notice of the office of the Director Election Management Committee of the Imo State Presidential Campaign Council, the malicious lies peddled by one Frank Nwaete, a media aide and promoter of Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, in some social media platforms, wherein he accused the Director of Imo State PCC, Hon. Greg Egu of ‘disappearing’ with ‘N99m’ campaign rally funds. We wish to use this medium to debunk Frank Nwaete’s libelous falsehood and fabrication, and to state as follows:
- On Thursday the 15th of December 2022, the Presidential Campaign Council in Abuja released to the Imo State Presidential Campaign and Management Committee some financial support to aid the procurement and setting up of equipments, printing,
dissemination and distribution of publicity materials and logistics for the hosting of the rally.
- As soon as the funds got to Owerri from Abuja, the Director resisted all attempts by a leader of the party in the state to bring the money to his house or hand the money over to any of his surrogates, rather he directed that the money be lodged at the branch of a commercial bank in Owerri for safe keeping and this was done.
- Same Thursday, 15th of December 2022, a meeting was held at the Civic Center residence of Rt Hon Ihedioha, in Owerri with Ihedioha, Hon Egu, the State Secretary of PDP, Hon Ray Emeana, Nze Law Biaduo the State Organising Secretary and other notable members of the Imo PCC and State Working Committee in attendance, were a template was developed on how to allocate the funds to the various commitees and individuals saddled with the responsibility to procure or provide materials, equipment or services for the rally.
- On Friday, the 16th of December 2022, in furtherance to the implementation of the decisions reached at the meeting in Ihedioha’s house, the State Party Secretary and Secretary of the Imo PCC, Hon Ray Emeana as early as 8am commenced accreditation of the selected officials of the party in the 27 Local Governments in the State, designated to collect the funds allocated for Publicity and Logistics in the various Local Governments while the Director, Hon Egu, the Deputy Director finance Committee, Chief Chibuike Achigbu , the Assistant Director Finance Committee, Barr Bede Ojimadu, and the Administrative Secretary of the Campaign, Barr Gozie Nwachukwu set up a Mobilisation and Help Desk at the Conference Centre of Oxygen Hotel, New Owerri for the disbursement of the said funds.
- In turns, Lga party chairmen, women leaders, youth leaders, designated campaign committee deputy directors, vendors and other service providers were collecting the allocated funds to them. These funds were all collected and signed for by the said persons.
- At no time was the director or his staff missing or couldn’t be reached on phone.
- The question for Mr Nwaete and his masters are, would you like us to publish names, signatures of those who collected these funds as stated above; how come the rally was adjuged the most successful so far in old eastern Nigeria if the funds meant for it was not applied adequately?
The director wishes to categorically deny these unfounded and contrived allegations by persons
who wanted his job for their boys during the formation of the Imo PCC but failed.
Hon Egu wishes to enjoin mischief makers and those still hurting from the outcome of the cancellation of their list of PCC members to please eschew infighting and genuinely join hands with the Imo PCC management committee to ensure victory for our party and candidate at the 25th of February election.
The director wishes to use this medium to thank ndi Imo from all the 27 Local Government Areas of the state for trooping out in mass to welcome and show solidarity to their brother, in law and good friend Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (Waziri Adamawa) the presidential candidate of our party during the rally.
We also assure imolites and Nigerians that we will not be distracted or waver in our resolve to rescue our dear country, Nigeria.
Gozie Nwachukwu Esq
Admin Sec. PCC, Imo State Election Management Committee.