By Ikenna Onuoha
In a bid to ensure good governance and development in Owerri zone, the South East and Nigeria in general, the following BILLS were sponsored by Senator SamDaddy:
- Bill for an Act to Establish the South East Development Commission (SEDC).
- Bill for an Act to Establish Postgraduate Physiotherapy College of Nigeria
- Bill for an Act to Establish Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education, Owerri (From College to University)
- A Re-Enactment Bill on the Public Complaints Commission Act, CAP P37 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
- A Bill for an Act to Establish The Federal Task Force on Revenue Defaulters, Piracy and National Heritage Protection of Nigeria.
Senator SamDaddy has also sponsored the following MOTIONS on the floor of the Senate:
- Passing a vote of confidence on the leadership of the 8th Senate. A landmark motion which stabilized the squabbles that engulfed the Senate following the emergence of Bukola Saraki of APC, as President and Ike Ekweremadu of PDP, as Deputy Senate President contrary to the wishes of APC leadership.
- Mandating State Governors to conduct Local Government Elections on assumption of office.
- The urgent need for the Senate to look into the Amnesty Programme Performance in the Niger Delta region (Imo state inclusive as oil producing state)
- The Looming crises in the Aviation Industry, a potential danger to Air safety and operations.
- The pertinent need to Establish Modern Abattoirs across the states of the Federation.
- Recruitment into the Nigerian Police Force, the need to adhere to Federal Character guiding principles etc.
In his quest to bring development to Owerri zone, Senator SamDaddy attracted and facilitated the following CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS:
- Construction of solar powered borehole at Timber Building Materials Market
- Construction of Atta – Amaimo – Obohia, Afor Ogbe road, Ulakwo Junction – Seat of Wisdom Seminary Road,
- Construction of Ring roads in “Area H” New Owerri known as Goddy Esom Obodo Road
- Construction of Eke Nguru Orie Ihitte road
- Construction of Nkwerre Street road at Works Layout, Owerri Municipal
- Sinking of solar powered boreholes at Arugo Park, Umuokpu Emeabiam, Amakohia Ubi, Ulakwo Enyiogugu, and Umudagu Mbieri respectively.
- Installation of Transformer at Obohia Ekwerazu in Ahiazu Mbaise, Don K neighborhood, etc
- Renovation of community Primary School Ogbe Nneishi, Ahiara
- Provision of Cold Room facility at Afor Ogbe
- Construction/Fencing with gate of St. Patrick’s Primary School Umuokirika Ekwerazu
- Completion of Nnarambia Farmers’ Cooperative Town Hall, Ahiara Mbaise
- Construction of a block of 2 Classrooms with Office and store at Town School Umuedo Obohia, Ekwerazu
- Construction of roads links/ bridges between Ogwuama community, Ahiazu Mbaise and Okwu Ikeduru
- Construction of Water Borehole at Nnemere Mpam, Ahiazu Mbaise
- Construction of Solar Powered Water borehole at Umuduruji Umuokirika, Ahiazu Mbaise
- Renovation of Community Primary School Egberede Nguru
- Provision of Cold-room facility at Afor-Ajala Market, Nguru
- Construction of solar powered borehole at St. Michael’s Catholic Church Olakwo Enyiogugu
- Design/construction of Eke Nguru-Eziala –Ihitte road, 4km
- Construction of Solar –powered borehole at Egberede Nguru
- Renovation of Oke Ovuru Secondary School
- Construction of Solar Powered Borehole at Afor Enyiogugu Market Square
- Construction of motorized borehole at Umuogu Amuzu
- Construction of Civic Centre at Umungakwu Egberede Nguru
- Construction of Solar powered borehole at Nkwo Eziudo
- Renovation of Community Primary School Oboama
- Design/Construction of Ihitte to Orie Onuoha Onicha road, 10km
- Design/Construction of Ihitte to Eke Nguru road – 4km
- Construction of solar powered borehole at Umualigbuo Ubonukam Onicha
- Construction of Motorized borehole at Nkwo Mbaise market square
- Attracting Rural roads and water sanitation under Ministry of Agriculture across Owerri zone
- Emergency repairs and rehabilitation of Awaka –Ezeogba Emekuku Mbaise –Umuahia road (this road was fixed after Imo state government abandoned it)
- Emergency repairs and rehabilitation of Akabo-Ekemele road (this road was fixed when it became unbearable for vehicle users. Remember that the Imo state government abandoned it)
- Emergency repairs/ rehabilitation of Nkwerre Street, Works Layout, Owerri
- Design/Construction of Ikeduru Afor-Oru-Afor-Ogbe road
- Construction of Owerri–Aba with spur at Ulakwo junction to Seat of Wisdom seminary Okpala
- Rehabilitation of Aba-Owerri road with spur at Ulakwo-Umuneke road, Ngor-Okpala
- Construction of hostel blocks at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education and the
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri respectively
- Development of Industrial Leather Cluster at Ikeduru LGA
- Construction of Civic Centre at Mechanic Village Owerri
- Skill Acquisition, facilitation of Employment and Empowerment of Youths in Owerri Zone
- Training and empowerment of youths in the production of renewable energy
- Construction of a block of 2 classrooms with Office and Store at Amaimo Central School, Ikeduru LGA
- Construction of Palm Oil Processing Plant with complete accessories at Egbelu Ikeduru LGA
- Design/Construction of Orie Akabor to Afor Uzoagba, Ikeduru 7km
- Construction of road with link Bridge (Onuakpaka) between Okwu Ikeduru and Ogwuama Community in Ahiazu Mbaise
- Design/Construction of Nkwo Emekuku – Uzoagba – Ngugo road, 7Km
- Design/Construction of New Owerri Internal road
- Construction of Mini-Sports Stadium at Amaimo Ikeduru LGA
- Construction of Primary Health Care Centre at Ugirike, Ikeduru LGA
- Construction of Eke Nguru Aboh Mbaise to Eziala Ihitte, Ezinihitte Mbaise
- Construction of Ikeduru to Afor Ogbe in Ahiazu Mbaise
- Construction of Uratta Toronto junction to Orji Okigwe Road
- Construction of Orie Akabo-Afor Uzoagba road 7km
- Construction of Obazu Mbieri-Iho road 5km
- Construction Of Ogbaku Ifakala-Nworieubi Rd.
- Construction of Orji – Nkwerre st. -Mechanic village 5km.
- Construction of Iwuanyanwu Boulevard Internal roads 6km
- Construction of Ahiazu-Aboh Mbaise to Emekuku Ring road 18km
- Construction of Amaimo Internal roads 6km.
- Construction of Oforola – FECOLART road.
- Construction of Ahiara Mbaise – Lude- Obohia/Ikeduru road 6km
- Erosion/ Flood control works at Ihitte Ubi Oparanadim in Ahiazu Mbaise amongst other achievements too numerous to mention here.
These outstanding legislative performance cum constituency projects facilitated by Senator Samuel Nnaemeka Anyanwu indicates a man that never sleeps on duty. He is very active and committed to the service of God almighty, and as well, the well being of his people through sponsorship of quality bills and motions.
He ensured equitable distribution of his constituency projects, social amenities and infrastructures to the communities that make up his constituency. In the area of jobs and empowerment, Senator Samdaddy ensured that every community in his constituency benefited. This is the kind of man Imolites are yearning for; a man who will see the whole of Imo State as his constituency.
By so doing, we shall be expecting Imo of our collective dreams standing on the threshold of safety and peacefulness!