Exposed: My Refusal to take N50m on oath, caused my suspension- Imo Lawmaker

One Mrs. Chinyere Odum who lives in Amuzukwu, with the husband and children has burnt her son to death with the help of her female friend. The boy who’s name is Obioma Odum was 13 before his life was terminated by his own mother a days ago. Obioma Odum was reportedly burnt to death, after his mother, Chinyere allegedly poured kerosene on him and set him ablaze at Umuloghe, Agbolughe in Amuzukwu, Umuahia, Abia State.
News point correspondent in Umuahia gathered that Chinyere, who accused her son of stealing her phone’s memory card, together with one of her friends tied him with a rope and gave him many strokes of the cane as a way of disciplining the boy.
According to an eyewitness account, the two women also dragged the boy into his mother’s kitchen where they reportedly set him ablaze to stop her neighbours from intervening in the matter.
The source who pleaded anonymity, said that the youths of the community went and forced the kitchen door open when they saw unusual smoke coming out from the kitchen and found the boy burning to death.
The source said “the youths recused the boy from the kitchen, after putting out the fire, but by the time the boy was rushed to a near by hospital, he was said to have sustained more than 50% burn injury.
“He was latter referred to Federal medical center Umuahia, where he was also referred to the University of Nigeria teaching hospital Enugu, before he died in early hours of the following day, 28thJune 2018.
The father of the deceased, Mr. Odum, who confirmed the incident said his son died at Federal Medical Centre Umuahia a night after admission into the hospital.
He said “I was not at home when the incident happened. The boy just finished his common entrance and was always at home while his siblings go to school.
“I was at my place of work when my elder brother called me that my wife and her friend took my son into the kitchen and that they covered the boys mouth with tape.
“He said they Poured Kerosene on him and set fire on him. By the time I got home, the youths had gathered in my house. I understood they took him to police clinic Umuahia. We were later referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia. They asked us to come the next day and take the boy to UNTH Enugu.
“But he died in the early hours of today.
I have been in peace with my wife, until after my mother and my younger brother took her to a particular place after which she turned to something else. There was a time she cut my head with a cutlass, I asked her about a relationship, I noticed she had with one small boy.

Related posts